220 North Royal Tower Drive, Irmo, SC 29063
Our Core Practices, Experiences & Commitments
- Public Worship: to include the Preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Evangelism: fulfilling the Great Commission of Christ (Matthew 28:19) by sharing the Gospel through personal and corporate witness.
- Teaching: the active nurturing and development of believers through Christian education, as expressed through Sunday School, Bible Study, Vacation Bible School, Young People’s Willing Worker’s, Sunshine Band, Purity Class, other COGIC auxiliaries and ministries, coupled with other training.
- The Ordinances of Christ: we fulfill the mandates of Christ through the administration of the ordinances of Christ: Communion, Baptism, and Feet Washing.
- Christian Fellowship: such fellowship includes but is not limited to: expressions of love, unity, and friendship, as manifested in recreational, social, and informal religious gatherings (Acts 2:41).
- Leadership Development: the active training and tutoring of individual believers in Christian principles and practices for application in the marketplaces of our society. Such leaders will include laypersons (group, ministry, and auxiliary leaders), Deacons, Trustees, and credential holders such as Elders, Ministers, Missionaries, etc.
- Discipleship & Spiritual Formation: the promotion of the development of Christian character and spiritual maturity among believers, and the devotional task of imparting spiritual gifts to believers and cultivating the abilities of individuals who possess such gifts, 1 Corinthians 12:27 (KJV).
- Missions: The effort to manifest the Love of Christ through ministries and programs that are specifically designed to manifest Christ’s love through the elimination of all forms of human suffering. These ministry efforts focus on persons within our congregation and those outside of our congregation, both locally and within our state. This will also include our partnerships with missions activities within the Church of God in Christ, INC., (COGIC) Memphis, Tennessee. as well as in other likeminded organizations.
- Social Witness: actively initiating, supporting and engaging in activities and programs that are designed to impact our society through, social, political, economic, cultural and educational programs that are designed to enhance the quality of life of all people in our community, city, state, and, where possible, our nation and our world.